About Me

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Please see my "About Me" page. Want to contact me? E-mail: Dosk01(at)y7mail(dot)com

Wednesday 28 November 2012

DING DING DING-A-LING DING DING DING-A-LING DIIIING

Well it's almost here! My book I mean, not Christmas...though it's hard to believe that's around the corner too!! 

No flash fiction this month, instead I've been trying to iron out some issues with relation to the formatting and cover of Book 1 of the Zicastor Trilogy.  In making a few changes I came to think that perhaps I should give my readers some insight into the background of the book. You will see after reading the Zicastor Trilogy that it is quite different to the written work you see me produce now.  There is good reason for that....

Zicastor was written over 10 years ago.  In fact my partner clearly remembers being on the phone to me while I discussed the concept for the work with her.  She recalls that she was in the bath at the time marvelling at the little bump of her stomach that was to be our son....then just a peanut and now about to turn 12 years old!

The full Zicastor story (all three parts) has been with me and my family through many big changes.  It kept me warm when working in -6 degree centigrade nights as a Security Officer in Canberra.  It kept my mind employed so I wouldn’t think of the ghosts that roamed building 1 and 2 of the Defence building – when doing 2am Breach Control rounds of Campbell Park offices!

So, as you can imagine, I've developed my style of writing quite a bit over 12 years.  I read Zicastor now and think how differently I would write it...but why would I change it? It has already been through so many changes – edits and having to split it.  The words, as they are, are imbedded with the events of my life over that period: The birth of my son, the purchase of our first house, the death of my mother and brother and moving from one side of Australia to another.  So, I'll let it be.

I hope that the book will be up before Christmas and if not, you might consider buying a little Christmas present for yourself.  A number of printed copies will be made available immediately (as opposed to the e-book and print on demand options) and I will make available some signed copies for those that get in quickly.

Keep checking the new "Published Works" page for the links for purchase which will be made available soon. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  I will talk to you in the New Year.

2 comments:

  1. All I want for Christmas...no scratch that cause I have my front teeth. Can I have a copy pleeeeeease.
    Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'll be sending you a signed copy, Hettie. Like you needed to even ask!

      Delete